International House is celebrating 50 years of teacher training courses. The first course took place in 1962, and was the forerunner to what is now the CELTA. As part of the celebrations, a one-day online conference has been organised for Friday 25th May 2012, and I am one of the presenters.
As it is my first webinar, I thought I would present on a topic I am familiar with, so I chose ‘Twitter for Professional Development’.
Here are all of the links I shared during my presentation:
- Russell Stannard’s introduction to Twitter
- Me on Twitter
- Barbara Sakamoto’s starter PLN: recommendations of tweeters for you to follow
- My list of International House schools on Twitter (please tell me if I have missed any)
- IHTOC50 on Tweetchat (IH Teachers Online Conference)
- ELTpics and the ‘Take a photo and…‘ blog
- Tweetdeck – a way to organise Twitter
- Diigo – a social bookmarking site
- Google Reader – a way to keep track of blogs you are following
For a more detailed explanation of how to make the most of Twitter, look here.
Thank you to International House for providing me with the opportunity to present this webinar, and to Oxford University Press for providing the platform to host the workshop.